Tenant Maintenance Request

  • For life-threatening emergencies please dial 111.

  • If you smell smoke or there is a fire please call 111.

  • If you smell gas please see below.

  • If a storm seriously damages your roof or windows please call 111 and request that the Fire Service attend to secure the property.

It is a policy of our office that tenants request all repairs or maintenance in writing. Before you submit a maintenance request please read the ‘Quick Fix Guidelines’.

If these guidelines do not resolve the issue please complete the form below.

Please note that if the issue is found to have been caused by you or one of your visitors due to misuse, or is one that you could have resolved using information in your ‘Welcome Home’ pack, then you will be liable for the cost of the repair/call-out and will be required to reimburse First Hand Property Management Limited immediately.


Smell of Gas

It is important to act quickly if you can smell gas. Firstly, turn off all gas appliances.

If you smell gas inside please call your gas supplier immediately. Ventilate the property by opening doors and windows.

If you smell gas outside please call Vector gas Faults on 0800 764 764 immediately.

No Gas/ No Gas Hot Water

If you are connected to gas mains, please contact Vector Gas faults on 0800 764 764 first to check if there is a fault. If you are on gas tanks please check that the tanks contain gas. If you experience problems with a gas hot water system, check that the pilot light is on. Check the instructions on the system for relighting the pilot light. You can also adjust the temperature of the hot water system; this should be included in the instructions.

Blocked or Smelly Drains/ Sinks

If you are unable to move the blockage with use of a plunger, use a drain cleaner such as Drano. Follow the instructions carefully as it is a corrosive substance. Wear gloves at all times and ensure the room is well-ventilated. In many bathroom sinks and showers, the drain cover can be lifted to help remove the blockage.

No Water, or Water Leak at the Roadside Meter:

Contact your local water supplier to check if there is a fault or to advise the roadside leak. They can also advise you how to check for a leak if you have received a high water bill. Auckland Council (Watercare): 09) 442 2222

No Electricity or No Hot Water

Contact your local electricity supplier first to check if there is a fault or to see if the ripple relay has been turned off overnight. For Auckland City, Manukau City, Papakura phone Vector faults on 0508 832 867. For North Shore, Waitakere, Rodney phone your electricity company (see your power bill). Check fuses and safety switch located in the electrical meter box. If the safety switch has tripped, reset it. If it trips again, turn off all power points and unplug appliances. Plug in appliances one by one to determine which one is tripping the switch. If the appliance belongs to you, you will need to arrange repairs. If the appliance belongs to the owner, please contact us.

If you are still experiencing issues, please fill out our maintenance request form.


Name *
I have read the quick fix guidelines and these did not resolve my problem *